Thursday, March 18, 2010

Georgia was to town today, getting sale items for grocery items. The few dollars saved there, can buy something more down the road....as we see the need....especially when we are deep in Mexico.... You either 'pay the price' or do without!
I made several calls to New Mexico to the Motor Vehicle Department and then had the sheriff come to do a VIN inspection on the 4-Wheeler. (The Doug Kissack family donated a very nice Polaris to the Mission). I am hoping to get all the title work done from Gillette, as we won't have time in Chaparral. The title has to be in the Capps name to take it across the border!
I was thinking not much left to do, except load the trailer and head down the road. Then I get to remembering all the 'other things' that are necessary for the border crossing.....titles for everything I drive or tow, passport, insurance, corporation papers (pickup is in Corp name, not mine) Affidavit of ownership, international drivers license (I got one when we went to South Africa),tools, extra parts (fuel filters), and more as I think of them! Whew....I sure hope I remember everything!
Tomorrow it will be to town to tie up a few of those lose ends...I have to get a whole stack of papers notarized.

No comments:

Post a Comment