Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday

Thursday-We had a long day on the road....got across the border without any problems, and then just drove. A few got car sick from the mountain curves, but with Dr. Penwell along, he had medication to help! I think Chloe was some nauseated but tolerated the trip much better than what I thought she might.

Friday-We arrived in Guachochi, around 9....I think.....helped the group get all their gear unloaded, then all the vehicles were parked at the Capps. I fell into bed at 11 pm, and I think was asleep before my head hit the pillow.
Hi ho hi ho, off to work we go.......everyone got assigned a crew to work on today, and Chloe was sent to the Capps as one of the painters. The apartment that Antonio and Lulu lived in needed painting in the 'kitchen/living-room, so the walls were stripped and then the painting started. Another crew were at the Church painting the outside of the building, and another crew started pouring the foundation for Joel and Cassilda's house. One of the girls told me tonight that she was very impressed with Chloe and her work habits. "She is a hard worker!"
Ed had several projects for me, helping get equipment ready, and then plumbing the air compressor from the pump to the tank. Probably should have been fitted with steel pipe, but I sweated copper lines for the plumbing. It all worked great when we were done, so that was good!
We ate supper and then went, as a group, to a funeral of a 92 year old from the Church. Was an interesting participation for us, as we had no idea who she was. The son and daughter were very thankful and appreciative that we honored their mother! There were actually several people I knew from the church.
It is going on 11pm again, and Ed and I are always out the door about the same time in the morning......6am is starting to get harder to face!    Goodnight all !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment