Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm baaaack........better late than never. It has been busy since returning from Mexico, but lets leave that for another time, and I will try to get back to the story.
Lets see.......I don't even know where I left off.....so I'll start again with my first thoughts for now.
We traveled from Guachochi to the ranch, and were stopped several miles out of town by the local (like our Sheriff deputy detectives) law. They (4 or 5) all were in civilian clothes and had machine guns across their chest. Wanted to know where we were going, so Debby told them we were missionaries and where we were going.  "No problem, we are just checking for alcohol", because of the Holidays (Easter and vacation time), so they sent us on our way.
The road to the ranch was actually in good shape so it only took us about 4 hours to go the 45 miles. We had loaded the 'greenhouse' frame on the trailer wood rack, and because of the weight and all the rough road the load was swaying to and fro. It caused the screws to work out of the wood, so every few miles we had to stop and re-tighten everything. Everytime I met a truck, I would have to pull way to the right as our load stuck over the trailer about 3 feet on each side. We made it to the mountain in good shape and started to send material down the mountain right away. I think it was around 8 loads or so, and dark before we finished. The ladies left to hike down the mountain soon after we arrived, and then Ed and I hiked down in the pitch black darkness. Thank goodness for good flash lights.


There were general duties to get done before bedtime, but it did not take long for us all to hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment